Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Not always fun and games.

Had a pick up in Atlanta yesterday. That meant a five am wake up to be
wheels up a little after six. Always real fun flying directly at the
sun in the mornings. Not to mention being single pilot in Atlanta in
a jet can be a handfull! "551 golf echo the airports at ten o'clock
and two miles, sorry we left you at five thousand feet, if I clear you
can you make it down?" Me -"sure". Good thing a citation will come
down like a brick if you need to!
After that excitement it was off to beautiful Russelville where I got
to sit in a chair for 7 1/2 hours. Those of you that think my job is
always going somewhere fun, eating well and enjoying myself, it's not
(always). Just try sitting in the Russellville airport for that long.
I finished my book in the first hour. I nearly ran my iPhone out of
battery the next hour. It was too hot to go walk around. Board out of
my mind. Then a quick trip back to Atlanta and home to Jonesboro.
Almost made it back in time for my softball game. Congrats to the guys
for a big 27-6 win!

No comments: